Starting off about 3 years ago I bought a new top-of-the-line (at the time) emachines PC. So that meant I cannibalized my old PC. I put it in the closet and promptly forgot about it.
(cut seen 3 years later)
After my last final I was lounging around the student center and I found osX86's web page, and I was hooked. the result
This is my Mac OSX 10.5.2 running on my old balance PC.
After extensive use of Insanelymac's forms I was able to get it up and running. the only complaints I have is that I haven't found the right kext's (Mac Drivers) for the graphics cards and the LAN. So the Internet is a bit slow and the monitor doesn't go beyond 1024x768, but that's ok because the monitor I have hooked up doesn't ether. In the end when I can get the money I am going to get a real Mac, but this will do for now.
Update
I bought a cheep $20 nVidia GeForce FX 5200 and got the monitor working at all supported resolutions. Now i just have to figure out how to get quartz Extreme working.
0 comments:
Post a Comment